This post was written for people who have been following my work. What's this?
It’s that time of the year where we mull over what we accomplished in the past twelve months. Here is my list.
- Stopped using Google products for personal use. Migrating my half dozen Gmail accounts was the hardest part. That and finding a viable replacement for YouTube. Spoiler: It does not exist.
- Deleted unused online accounts. This includes LinkedIn, Hulu, and other online retailers. Needless to say, I had some unpleasant experiences during this process.
- Uninstalled Flash and Java on OS X. Surprised I didn’t get to this sooner.
- Enabled two-factor authentication when available. Authy and 1Password for the win.
- Launched a Mac app on the App Store. A utility that brings native IP geocoding to OS X.
- Designed a mobile game. An unforgiving space survival with a whiff of nostalgia.
- Co-hosted a podcast. Props to Kyle Fiedler for putting up with my never-ending rants.
- Co-organized a Swift workshop. It was a lot of fun, especially the part where I had to sit back and listen to Jack Nutting explain optionals.
- Released a Safari extension. It serves to scratch my own RSS discovery itch.
- Got interviewed. It’s on Workspiration.
- Visited San Francisco during WWDC week. It was totally worth it, even without a ticket.
- Avoided buying an Apple Watch. Believe me, this one was particularly challenging.
- Earned my first Platinum trophy on PSN. Better yet, it’s from Bloodborne.